Thursday 12 November 2015

Studying abroad : Yes or No?


    I would really like to study abroad. I think it would be pretty awesome and rewarding. If I had the chance to study in another country, I would definitely choose England (or maybe Scotland or Ireland … the last time I talked about this with my parents we discussed the possibility of England , so I’m talking about it now). England seems like a lovely place to study, embrace different cultures and live new life experiences.
    My dream is to get a scholarship to a great University where I could study medicine, but I really need to work hard to achieve that, because people need to get an extremely high average to get in. If I could, I would do all my college years there. Then, maybe, work there after I finish my studies. I think I would love to live there because I really love English and I love to go to new places although I would miss my family and my life in Portugal.              
            
(Ana Beatriz Fernandes, nº1, 9ºB)

     I’d love to study abroad because I think it would turn me into a much more grown up person and it would give me the opportunity to experience new things and also to learn more about a different country with a different culture.
    I would like to go to London because I have been in love with the city since I was a child and I love English (the language) and I would love to live in a country where it is the main language. In there, I’d like to go to college and then find a job in a home décor or a fashion lifestyle magazine! I would love to live there with a friend of mine. We could share a cute apartment in London. It would be so cool!  Although I know it would be really hard and we would need lots of money, I still hope for it.
   I would really love to study and live in London. I really hope that one day this huge dream of mine will come true!                                                      
(Ana Nunes, nº3, 9ºB)

     Studying abroad is not in my plans for the future. However, if I was given that opportunity, I would definitely take it.
    The reason I’m not looking forward to studying abroad is that I want to finish school in Portugal, get in a good university and finish my student’s life in here to then work abroad. That is something I’ve been planning for a long time, but if the opportunity to study abroad comes along earlier, then great!
     I’m planning on living and working in London because it’s my favourite city and I think I would fit in perfectly. It would be a dream to live there permanently and works as a dance teacher and in the marketing area.
     I hope my plans go well and I end up doing what I love the most in the place I love the most!

  (Beatriz Coelho, nº6, 9ºB)

      Someday I would like to study abroad. It would be a great adventure! I don’t know exactly the destination… I guess I’ve never thought about it. Maybe somewhere in England because I’ve always wanted to go there.
      I think that studying abroad is an experience everyone should have, even if it is just for one year.
     When you get the chance to study outside your comfort zone , you’re not only getting braver butyou are also getting happier.
    We can discover new cultures, new places and also new people. I think it would be funny to arrive to a new school and make friends from different cultures. It changes our perspective of life and I believe that’s amazing!      
       
(Margarida Valido, nº19, 9ºB)

My opinion about studying abroad is that it must be a great experience. In another country, everything is different – the people, the school, the language, the routines. Everything changes and you must be prepared! I don’t know if I would like it because I have everything here. I’m not prepared to leave all behind and just go abroad. But, this is now, maybe one day I will be ready to do it. Who knows? The advantages of studying abroad are: it gives us more opportunities; you can learn new things, new cultures and visit other parts of the world. On the other hand, the disadvantages are: you will be far from your family and friends. Maybe, on the first day, you will feel alone until you meet someone. Besides, the lessons will be in a new language that you are not used to, but a very challenging situation.                                                           
 (Henrique,9ºC)
I think studying abroad can be absolutely fantastic, and definitely I would like to do it someday. When you study abroad, you learn about another country, their habits, their culture and you get to know the local people, most of all.But it’s not easy going abroad. It can be very expensive, extremely expensive! You will probably miss your friends and family back home. Still it’s something to consider because the good ones drown out the bad ones . You’ll make new friends and you will grow as a person.I would really like to study abroad because it seems like a wonderful experience!                                                                                        
  (João Santos, 9ºC)



No comments:

Post a Comment